Thursday, February 24, 2005

Snow

I had a really hard time getting myself to go to college yesterday. It was snowing, and I just wanted to play in the snow. As I drove to town I took some of the back roads and looked at the hills and fields covered in a blanket of white. At one point I passed by three highland cows that were covered in snow. It would have made a wonderful photo, but unfortunately I had left my camera in the boot of my mother's car last time I was in America! Oh well. You'll just have to take my word for it that it was quite the sight! Then when I was in the college I had the hardest time listening to lectures because I just kept looking out the window at the falling snow. I love the snow.

However, as I write this I realise that there's always a reason to want to be lazy in this country, and that reason is always the weather. When it snows, you want to go out and enjoy it. When its raining and cloudy, its just so gloomy that it makes it hard to want to do anything. And then on the rare occasions when the sun is shining and the weather's beautiful, the last thing in the world anyone wants to do is stay inside and work!

All that being said, though, I love Scotland. There's something enchanting about waking up with the sight of the hills out my bedroom window, the sound of the bagpipes as I walk down the streets of the city, the little curvy roads that run through the country, and the dramatic landscapes that greet me as I drive across the land. I have to admit I even like the rain most of the time! I'm not sure what that says about me psychologically, but I tend to enjoy the gloomy weather! What I love most, though, is the people. God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends here that I know my life will always be richer because of them. I may not be living here anymore a year from now as God seems to be preparing me for the next thing after I finish my time at the college here, but I do intend to make the best of the time I have left here with these wonderful people in this wonderful land!

Anyhow, I guess that's enough rambling for now. I'd better get back to work. Though maybe, before I do, I'll just go on a wee walk in the snow.

3 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Rhodester said...

What is the "boot" of a car? and what's this "snow" stuff that you speak of?

Dave in L.A.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Christopher Lewis said...

LOL, yeah guess that snow stuff would be foreign to you in L.A. It's this white stuff that falls from the sky and covers the land with soft stuff you can roll into balls and throw at each other. As for the "boot" of a car, its the thing on the opposite end of the car from the bonnet.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Rhodester said...

how VERY confusing :-/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home