Saturday, December 10, 2005

time in Kirkintilloch drawing to a close

It's hard to believe that my time in Kirkintilloch is coming so quickly to an end. That day when I arrived in October of 2003 seems just like yesterday in some ways, while in other ways it seems an eternity ago. A lot has happened in this time, and in a way I feel like an almost entirely different person than I was then.

Tonight is my first farewell event. The youth fellowship from the church is taking me out to see a pantomime. I've never been to one, so it should be an interesting experience. Then next week, the whole church is having a dinner and a special service afterwards to give thanks for the time we've spent together at Riverside.

This past week, I've been kept busy trying to make sure all the business is taken care of that needs to be done before I leave, and this next week will be more of the same. I'll also be busy at church events and visiting various people that I won't be seeing in awhile. Then my last Sunday at the church is on the 18th. It will be a sad week in some ways, but I think it will also be a time of celebration as well for the things we have seen God doing in people's lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home