Thursday, September 01, 2005

Change is in the air

I got up this morning and got straight to work on all the things this ministry requires. It felt kind of strange. After the last couple of years, in which I was studying full time, suddenly I was back to being full time in the ministry. Of course, this ministry continued during that time, but I did pare back my involvement by a lot in order to accomodate a very demanding load of college work. Now things are marching forward full speed ahead and the future looks very busy indeed.

It looks like I'll be very busy on at least four continents next year, and this ministry should have the opportunity to participate in the beginnings of a number of new churches around the world. Though it doesn't make for very interesting journal reading, much of my time right now is taken up in coordinating that schedule through a large number of phone calls, emails and letters. Locally, we are also gearing up for work in the community here in Kirkintilloch. I am also looking into possibilites related to the starting of new churches in this country in the future. I believe that exciting days are ahead.

The only sad part of this week's developments is that I have had to cancel my personal involvement in Africa this year. I was supposed to be there in a couple of weeks, but circumstances have demanded that my presence is more immediately required on the Scotland front. Chris Lewis Ministries will still be involved, however, as team members Hazel Bech and Dr. Mark Redwine will still be there taking care of very important business. I'm working with them on their itinerary this week and will write more in the future about their adventures in Burundi, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo.

It is a real change to go from being a full time student back to being a full time missionary/evangelist, but I am embracing the return to my work with a passion. There is nothing I love more than doing what I believe God has created me to do!

8 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Rhodester said...

Looking forward to more frequent blog posts, in spite of your busy-ness!

Your word verification is turned on now, I'm just testing it. It's kind of a pain but worth it to avoid all the spam.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Christopher Lewis said...

I'm just testing the word verification to see how it works so I know that I've given the right instructions to others. It is a shame to have to add the word verification, but its worth it to avoid all that spam. It would be a shame to have to read through 50 advertisements just to get to one legitimate message.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Christopher Lewis said...

That was easy actually. Should be no problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home