Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Flowers, etc.

Last night, I had to bring the regular Monday night meetings with the Iranian singles from the Glasgow Iranian Church to a close. The meetings were going very well, and it has been amazing to watch how these young men have grown over the past several months. However, due to obligations at the church in Kirkintilloch, there was no way that I could continue with these meetings. It was a sad time as I have developed such a wonderful friendship with them. However, we had a great time together last night as we studied the Word of God and shared together. When I said goodbye, more than one of the guys said to me, “Thanks for everything.” It meant a lot to me to hear their words of appreciation.

The Iranian singles also gave me flowers last week. It was a wonderful surprise! They gave me a beautiful boquet of flowers to congratulate me on my graduation. I was really touched by the act as I had never been given flowers before. I had been given a number of other gifts, of course, from people I have worked with, including: shoes, shirts, a big sombrero, traditional African and Mexican outfits, a live chicken, and many other wonderful gifts. But flowers were a new thing for me, and for some reason the gesture meant a lot to me.

However, the greatest gift they have given me is the gift of friendship. That is a gift I hope to continue to share with them for a long time to come. Though the Monday meetings cannot continue, I am sure that we will continue to spend time together when we can and to enjoy the gift of friendship that God has given us.

4 Comments:

At 2:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-( So sorry to hear that you had to bring the groups to a close. Just the one night that I was there with you I could tell that it would be a friendly success. A journey most successful. Och Laddie, you have never been given flowers? :-( I am sad to hear that but I am soo glad that you have finally been given flowers. I would've given you some while I was there. :-) Well next time. :-) Have you named your chicken yet? Is it a laying hen? That means you could have fresh eggs for your brrreakfasts!! :-) Congratulations on your Graduation again! I am sure that you will keep in touch with all of the friends that you made during the two groups. God Bless You Christopher!

 
At 2:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! I forgot to sign my above post! :-) EE

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Christopher Lewis said...

Alas, I'm afraid I never named my chicken. I ate it instead. It was alive when it was given to me, but we killed it a few days later and had a feast. Does that make me a murderer? ;-) Anyhow, in response to your question I think I'll write more in a journal entry. See the next post. :-)

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-O :-O :-O

CC!!! You Murderer!!! That poorrrrr poorrr chicken! I hope that it was good. ;-) Chat soon! EE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home