Monday, July 11, 2005

I have finished my studies in Glasgow!!!

The 20th of June was the longest day of the year. I know that if the longest day is reckoned according to the amount of hours of sunlight in the day that the 21st was the longest day, but for me the longest day was definitely the 20th…or perhaps I should say the 19th and 20th as they both went together as one day for me.

I spent that weekend at a hotel in a village called Bridge of Alan. It was my last week of college, and I was determined to finish all my papers even though I was way behind where I knew I should be. Unfortunately, my advisers at the college had failed to advise me as well as they might have, and as a result I ended up with almost twice as much work as expected in the final term. Doing close to a double load in addition to the work at the church in Kirkintilloch was really starting to take a toll on my health. However, I knew I had to finish, so I went away the last weekend so I could work without any distractions. I ended up working all night long on the 19th and continuing straight through to the evening of the 20th, at which time I taught the Bible study for the Iranian singles’ group I work with. By the time I went to bed on that day I was so exhausted I felt sick. However, I had finally broken the back of my work and reached the place where I knew I could finish my course. Two days later I turned in my last paper and went out to dinner with a friend to celebrate. After four years, I had finally completed my course in Glasgow!

Shortly after I finished my last paper, by brother came to visit. I took him all over the place so he could see the country. Then my sister and brother-in-law came at the end of my brother’s visit, and my parents are here now. I have had a great time showing them all around. I still have had very little sleep and am extremely exhausted, but I am very excited to have finished the course and am looking forward to the next chapter of my life, wherever that may lead. My parents will be here until Saturday and I plan to make the most of our rare time together. Then next week I plan to get some sleep before moving full speed ahead with the next phase of plans for the future.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Rhodester said...

Oh, here- let me do a little editing for you-

"Then next week I plan to get some sleep before moving full speed ahead with my plan to relocate to Huntington Beach California to hang out with my friends Dave and Dorian, and base the operations of Chris Lewis Ministries from there"

Ok, that's better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home