Saturday, February 18, 2006

Español

I'm going back and forth between two languages lately, and I love it!

Last Sunday, I preached in English at an African American church in Chicago, the Morgan Park Church of God, and it went really well. 5 people came to faith in Christ, and afterwards I had a great time of fellowship with the people, including family members of my dear friend, Darnell, who now lives in Scotland. I also had some quality time with my good friend, Lana, who lived in Scotland for a year but is now back in Chicago.

This weekend, I'm in California and once again am preaching in Spanish. I'm back at the Winton Church of the Nazarene, which is a church I helped launch a few years ago. We had a Spanish service last night during which 3 people responded to the call to believe in Jesus Christ and 5 others told me they were rededicating their lives to Christ. Then I stayed up late with some old friends (Eddie and Mariela...I performed their wedding ceremony a few years ago) having a wonderful chat in Spanish.

I love working in Scotland, but I think one of the things I really miss when I'm there is the Spanish language. It feels great to be able to use it again during this tour of meetings in America.

3 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger coffeesister said...

Brillante! Variedad siempre.. ¡Buena Suerte! |_|)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Rhodester said...

You should tell about the jalapenos at the scottish Pizza Hut sometime- it's an amusing story :-)

 
At 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-D

Jalapenos at the Scottish Pizza Hut?!?!? Do tell!! :-) Speaking of languages I'm going to get back into speaking French starting tomorrow at lunch! :-) Wish me luck! Tis been a loooooooong time since I've spoken it.

EE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home